August 31, 2013

August Favourites


It's sometimes difficult to comprehend  how quick this year has seem to pass by, and to think December is just three short months away! Not only was August one of the best months yet, it was also the month I celebrated my 21st birthday.So I'd though why not share some of my favourite things from this past month.

1. Victoria Secret Body Spray in 'Sheer Love': I accidentally stumbled upon this body spray early on this month and I have been using it every single day. The bottle mentions that it has White cotton and Pink Lily, but to me it it has a fresh and girly scent, definitely on the flora side, but very subtle at the same time. It's a very pleasant smell. I personally love using it right after I take a shower and moisturise.

2. Breaking Bad: This TV show was recommended to me by my brother, I was reluctant at first because it didn't seem like something that I would be interested in. But lucky for me I was on holidays and had nothing better to do, and my goodness I'm glad I decided to watch it. Long story short this is one of my top 5 favourite TV shows of all time. With the plot twists that season 5 had brought so far its no surprise why it has made my favourites list this month.

3. Bioderma Crealine H2O: This beauty product came out of nowhere (well, technically it came from France) and it's been dubbed a miracle product, and I'm gonna have to agree with that. If I could describe this product with just one word, it would be 'amazing'. I will be doing a review on it so I don't want to go into too much detail. Essentially this is a makeup remover that has a lot of scientific aspects to it but it does soo much more than just remove your makeup. Keep an eye out for the blog post coming soon.

4. Tea time: Making those french Macarons was one of my highlights of the month. It was my first time making them and they were oh so scrum-didly-umtions, a bit tricky to make though. I decide to be super fancy and have them alongside a good ol' cup of tea.  

5. This quote "Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication" was my new year's resolution for this year. It reminds me to keep things simple and not over complicate things. I've used to concept in literally every aspect of my life and it's strange how it's made me so much happier and helped me appreciate the little things in life.

6. Pretty Little Liars: So if you're not familiar with this show, you need to jump on the bandwagon ASAP because you are missing out. This show has more secrets than Tom Riddle's chamber, and if you are a bit behind or have not watched this season's finale yet, word of warning: you might want to prepare yourself for the emotional trauma you will experience upon watching that episode.

7. Tulips: The sad thing about tulips only growing in winter is that I only get to enjoy them for a few months a year. However, on the bright side waking up to a fresh bunch of them on my bedside table puts a smile on my face every morning. It make cold early morning wake up's just that little more bare able.

8. Burberry 'The Beat': I bought this as a Mother's Day gift for my mom and I gotta admit it's smells really really good (not that I wasn't expecting it to smell good, it just surprised me how nice it smelt). I personally feel like it is a good mix of floral and fruity, however, it does have a slightly more prominent woody/ musky smell. Keep in mind that all perfumes smell different on everyone, that's just what I could smell, it might be totally different on you.

Did you have any favourites for this month? Share them below, I'd love to read them :)

Have Fun.
xx
-T


Comments